All hospital beds do not have identical features. While there are numerous models of these beds there are three broad categories of hospital beds. These are –
- Fully electrical hospital beds;
- Manually operated hospital beds; and
- Semi Electric hospital bed
Taking into consideration ease of use and adjustments and in terms of costs, the semi electrical beds are a good choice for home use. The reason is that these beds provide the combined features of electrical as well as manual operation for the users and their prices are comparatively lower than the fully electrical beds.
Semi Electric Hospital Bed Definition
As the name suggests the semi electric hospital bed has some features that run on electricity while other functions are carried out manually by the users. Unlike the fully electrical hospital bed that can only be adjusted when the power supply is on. Such powers can be obtained from some regular source like the traditional A.C power source but can also be operated using alternative power sources like batteries. When it comes to the semi electric definition it can be said that they can be re-adjusted using electricity when the power is on and manually when the power is off.
Features of Semi-Electrical Hospital Beds
Before deciding to use them you should learn about the features of semi electric hospital bed.
- In a hospital bed, three types of adjustments are required such as the back, knee, and up and down.
- The bed is made with epoxy-coated steel frames or equivalent material.
- The load-bearing capacity is around 400 lbs.
- Well-designed side rail control.
- Facilities for zero gravity positioning.
- Bed adjustment facilities.
- Manual crank for positioning and height adjustments.
- Adjustable side railings.
- Rubber bumpers as additional protection at the headboard.
- V. pole along with its holder.
- Perfect for a bed-size mattress.
- Lockable castors.
- Bed conforms to ISO standard.
Any quality provider will always include these in designing semi-electric beds as my site products.
What Quality Hospital Bed Manufacturer Offers
- The bed operates using 110V or 220 VAC, 50Hz.
- There should be adequate battery backup.
- Conforming to the ISO or equivalent standard.
- Warranty on the product.
- After-sales support.
- Replacement and money-back facilities.
Semi Electric Hospital Bed Vs Full Electric Hospital Beds
In fully electrical beds these adjustments can only be done when the power supply is on either from a regular source or from batteries as the adjustments cannot be done manually when power is off and that is the basic difference between the fully electrical hospital bed and the semi-electrical hospital bed. In essence; the semi-electrical model can be a substitute for electrical as well as manual hospital beds and are best for home use. When you use a semi-electric model you won’t be stranded at any time when power is off or the battery is down as you can carry on the adjustment works manually.
Facilities offered by the Hospital Bed Manufacturer
While buying the best semi electric hospital bed the selection of the brand is very important. It is because high-quality manufacturers of these beds will extend the support that inferior quality manufacturers do not provide.
This becomes even more essential if you are aiming to use the bed purchased at home. While hospitals and clinics make bulk purchases and the supplier usually sticks to all conditions laid down in the MOU as they do not want to lose such valuable buyers; the case could be different in the case of individual buyers. Hence at the time of selection of the manufacturer of these semi electric beds, you should check for the following.
- Warranty coverage of the beds;
- Warranty on different parts of the bed;
- The durability of at least 10 years;
- Quality of the user-guide book;
- Customer-care support offered;
- Replacement and money-back policies; and
- Market reputation of the brand and its ranking in reviews, and customer feedback.
Check the Materials in Different Parts of the Semi Electric Hospital Bed
The primary requirement of the buyers of the semi electric hospital bed is quality and durability as well as the ability to function well in low power inputs. Therefore, the use of good quality materials is essential for matching such requirements. An important factor also is the load-bearing capacity of the bed and once again it depends on the use of materials. The best materials for the bed and its different parts could be-
- Epoxy painted steel frame for the bed;
- Reinforced plastic or fiber for the detachable parts like the head and footboards;
- Aluminum alloy for side rails; and
- Metal sheets as a mattress platform.
The above list only suggestive and there could be other features recommended by experts. It will be dependent on the type of use you want to make of the bed purchased.
Who uses the Semi Electric Hospital Bed
A good quality semi electric hospital bed can be used by anyone but the most common users are as follows.
- Hospitals and clinics extending facilities for in house healthcare services for patients;
- Old age homes where senior people stay and can have their medical treatment in the home; and
- Individual users that want to have their own or family members getting hospital standard treatments at their homes.
Usually, the home buyers look for the comfort of the patient especially when such patients are seniors above 50 or children below 10. Advantages of using the hospital bed are the facilities available for adjustments using a couple of buttons only.
As a buyer, you can also opt for online shopping of the semi electric hospital bed but there are a couple of precautionary steps involved. You should only buy the bed from a trusted provider that will give you quality products at competitive prices. That is why before buying one you should always verify the credentials of the supplier conducting adequate research.