Electric Hospital Bed Type
Electric hospital beds vary in price depending on the type of electrical bed you need. Before purchasing a hospital bed, it is important to understand its purpose and the bigger picture of who is the patient. There are three types of hospital beds, electric hospital beds, semi-electric hospital beds, and ICU electric hospital beds. All these three beds have different specifications, features, and functions. This three contribute to the price of the electrical hospital bed. Before purchasing a hospital bed, it’s important to consideration of application, as hospital beds vary in price depending on features and functionality. So let’s have a look at the different hospital beds.
- 3 Function Electric Hospital Bed
The three major functions of a 3 function electrical hospital bed include; Backrest, Knee, high and low adjustable. This type of electrical bed is convenient to be used at home or the hospital, as it is not operated manually and eases the work of nurses and caregivers. It is powered by a motor system and contains full electrical hand control with these buttons. Some of these features are what contribute to the pricing of the bed. The features of the electric motor controls allow raising of the head, foot, and integrated height of the bed frame with a push of a button on the remote control.
They also contain a full electric hand control panel which comprises
- Back up and Down — Allows movement of the patients back and down by just pressing on the control panel
- Leg up and down — Allows movement of Legs up and down
- Leg and back up and down- You can be able to move the leg and back and down concurrently
- Integral up and down
The hand control panel is important as it allows the performance of an upward and downward movement of the patient automatically and simultaneously without the help of a caregiver or a nurse.
Other than the hand, control has the following main function;
- Back section up/down
- Knee section up/down
- Auto contour
- While bed up/down
- Auto regression
- Semi-Electric Hospital bed
Semi-Electrical beds are not fully dependent on Electricity to function as an electrical bed. When there is a power outage, it can switch to manual operating mode. It is still 3 functions: back, knee and integral up & down. It contains the following features that assist it to function effectively and efficiently.
Its Key features and Accessories include
- 2 Pcs PP head/food board detachable
- 2 aluminum alloy guardrails
- 4 pcs luxury castor, diameter 125 mm, individual brake
- 3 pcs mechanical
- ABS cranks, foldable
- Anti bump roller
- Electric hand controller
Semi-electric hospital bed reference: https://www.hospitalbedscn.com/semi-electric-hospital-bed/
- Adjustable or retractable IV Pole (4 hooks);
- Hospital over bed table with adjustable heights;
- PU Hospital foam mattress;
- Dining table;
- IV stand
- Self-help handle
- ICU Electrical Hospital Bed
The ICU hospital beds are furnished with a leading branded powered motor-Original Denmark Link, which is the profession in the medical industry, ensuring the most premium and safety for the patient. The ICU electrical bed is known for its automatic and efficient function. It’s made from epoxy material, which brings out its aesthetic look. ICU electrical bed is used by patients in critical conditions and intensive care units to support patients.
The ICU bed position features:
- Back support 0-75˚
- Knee support 1 — 35˚
- Height adjustment 450 – 750 mm +/- 10 mm
- Trendelenburg and Trendelenburg reversed — at least 12 degrees.
There are two controls used for better functioning of the bed, they include hand and nurse control. The hand control which is mainly operated by the patient allows strategic movement of the back and leg. It contains the below buttons which enable it to function.
- Back-Up & Down
- Leg up & Down
- Leg and back up down
The Nurse Control has 10 buttons which include; Switch, Stop, One key CPR, back up and down, Leg up & down, Leg back up down, integral up & down, Back & front tilt, one key heart chair, and one key Trendelenburg lying position. The different buttons enhance the movement of different parts of the body.
The bed accessory feature
There are mandatory and Optional accessories used in this bed, this will highly contribute to the price of the electric hospital bed. The accessories safeguard the patients as well as make them comfortable. Its features include;
- Beds head panels provided with safety lockers;
- Side railing anti-impact to ensure patient safety;
- The bed is provided with 4 holes at its ends for assembling the infusion holder;
· The infusion holder made of stainless steel is fitted with 4 adjustable hooks to support a minimum weight of 10 kg;
· 2 hooks for hanging drains;
· The ICU hospital bed corners are provided with a removable absorbing (damping) system for maximum bed and patient protection during transport;
· Hospital bed head provided with a pocket for inserting a patient identification tag;
· The hospital ICU bed is fitted with 4 wheels with a minimum diameter of 150 mm, pivoted 360 degrees, with a locking system;
· 4 set: control button on hospital bedside rails,
· Head nursing control station LCD screen:
· 5 function of adjustment position and patient weight record.
What is the ICU bed’s optional function?
The following is the most running optional function available.
- The Inuit control panels on both sides of guard rail for nurse /patients to adjust bed position easily;
- hospital bed head board20cm extension length;
- Foot pedal for integral ICU hospital bed high and low;
- Integrated weighing scale digital LCD, weight data can be stored and managed;
- Place the patient in a chair position.
- One key heart chair posit
The Electric hospital bed, Semi electrical, and ICU electric hospital bed are designed by branded hospital bed manufactures whose overall goal is to ensure the safety and comfort of the Patient.
From the three descriptions of the hospital beds, It is important to note that the accessories in each bed are suited for a certain function and helps the hospital bed to function effectively. Compromising on some accessories might affect the patient recovery process. A customized requirement on ICU bed specification is acceptable based on varied prices.