In comparison to standard domestic and commercial beds, the adjustable beds are gaining popularity in buyers’ circles. One of the most important reasons for the growth of this trend in the industry is that it is a single-window solution for the users. The question is how much does an adjustable bed costs because the expenses to be incurred in buying one is a major consideration for the buyers.
What Adjustable Beds Offer
The use of adjustable beds can give the user many advantages such as –
- They are indispensable for people suffering from sleep problems because the beds they are using currently often create problems in getting sound sleep;
- Adjustable beds can give greater comforts to the user because their heights and layouts can be adjusted as required; and
- Such beds come saddled with numerous customizable features.
Customizing Facilities in Adjustable Beds
Customizing facilities offered by the adjustable beds normally include the following.
- Surfaces with massaging facilities;
- Sleep trackers;
- Silent alarms; and
- All these activities can be controlled by the users with their wireless control systems.
Thus the adjustable beds can have customized features as desired by the users. The system can be configured with gadgets like smartphones also.
Health Benefits of Adjustable Beds
Adjustable beds bring up various health advantages for the users. An example is the reduction of volumes and intensities of snoring by a sleeping person. Such benefits can be derived by elevating the heads of the person to a certain angle. This can be achieved by the adjustable beds creating such angles. Use of the bed can also help reduce back pain and joint pain that is often the result of the wrong posture during sleeping. In any case; the beds offer functionalities that are not available in standard domestic and commercial beds.
Financial Implications of Adjustable Beds
Buyers will always look for the adjustable beds that can give the best returns on their investments. The factors that influence the prices of the beds are –
- The purpose for which the adjustable bed would be used;
- Attractive design and weight of the beds for generating a sophisticated look and easy portability;
- The usual practice in the industry is supporting the bed with an appropriate warranty;
- Extra facilities like triple-zone massage and others like charging points; and
- The durability of the bed purchased.
Usually, the rates of the adjustable beds are in the range of $580 –$1200 depending on the type of bed purchased. However, each manufacturer charges different prices for their products. The buyers must find a reliable provider that will not compromise with qualitative aspects while charging affordable prices for the beds offered by it.
Looking for Cost Economy
As a buyer one will always look for cost economy in respect of the item purchased. It is the same in the case of purchasing adjustable beds. The prices charged by most manufacturers vary from one to another. That is why the buyer must check for the prices of the beds marketed to take an informed decision regarding making cost-economic purchases. While on average the prices of these beds can be in the range of $1000-$3500 some companies offer the beds at lower prices charging prices in the range of $580-$1200 also. That is much cheaper in comparison to the average market rates of the adjustable beds.
How to Check for Best Deals
The concept of checking and comparing different offers before setline for one is very relevant for the buyers of adjustable beds. Checking the following factors can be a great help in the determination of the fact whether the prices charged is reasonable.
- Buyers have to remember that cheap does not always mean the best and similarly high price does not signify high quality;
- Therefore, it is important to check various features of the adjustable beds first of all;
- The number of settings and also the built-in features have a major bearing on the price of the beds;
- The lifespan of the bed is important as frequent repairs and replacement can significantly hike the price;
- Noise levels; weight; and compatibility features can create a price hike; and
- It is also necessary to check the warranty offered and return policy of the manufacturer as well as the dealers.
The list above is only suggestive and not exhaustive as there can be other considerations affecting the cost of the adjustable beds but the above are some of the most important aspects determining the prices.
Trading with Due Care and Caution
Since the return policies and warranty coverage are a couple of most important considerations in the purchase of adjustable beds one has to trade with due care and caution. Buyers have to see –
- Fine prints in the terms and conditions related documents and warranty cards;
- Whether the product offers a sleep-trial of the usual length of 90-365 days to check the performance;
- Whether the exchange of the bed is coupled with additional expenses like shipping and handling fees that can considerably add up to the price; and
- Whether there is a restocking fee that alone can cost hundreds of dollars.
Since these expenses can add up considerably hiking the base prices it is important finding a provider that does not add all these expenses charging them from the hapless customers.
Provider Giving Best Warranty Coverage
Warranty coverage extended by the manufacturers of the adjustable beds is one of the major considerations for the buyers. The industry range of such warranties is 3-40 years depending on the type of product and its brand. The warranty also covers the repair and replacement terms. While in non-prorated warranty the manufacturers offer free repair and replacement in prorated warranty they charge a predetermined price that could be large. Therefore the buyers must check the warranty terms and conditions carefully and select the best offer among them.
“Our adjustable bed base, Split king adjustable bed: 1200usd, king size adjustable bed base: 580usd. If you have any problem with adjustable bed selection we have the solution.”